From 7th place yesterday, Team Philippines has moved up to 6th place in the overall medal tally at the 7th ASEAN Para Games in Myanmar, after winning 6 gold, 3 silver and 4 bronze medals in day 2 of action.
Filipino swimmers again delivered another golden performance in the pool by winning 2 more gold medals, while pinoy woodpushers also delivered 2 gold medals yesterday. Athletics and powerlifting added a gold medal each, to end Philippines’ day 2 campaign with 6 gold medals.
Swimmer Ernie Gawilan again won a gold medal today in the men’s 200m freestyle S8 event with a time of 2:25.48, making him the first Filipino to have won more than 1 gold medal in the game.
Team Philippines has now 8 gold, 6 silver and 9 bronze medals after two days of competition.
Here’s the complete list of Filipino medal winners in day 2 of 7th ASEAN Para Games:
1. Ernie Gawilan (Swimming) 200m FS-S8 (2:25.48)
2. Daniel Damaso (Swimming) 100m FS-S12 (1:08.52)
3. Prudencia Panaligan (Athletics) 100m T54 (19.18)
4. Achelle Guion (Powerlifting) 45kg category (77kg lift)
5. Sander Severino (Chess) Physical Handicapped (PH)
6. Henry Roger Lopez, Sander Severino & Alexis Elinon (Chess) PH-Team
1. Henry Roger Lopez (Chess) PH-Team
2. Menandro Redor (Chess) B2
3. Israel Peligro, Menandro Redor & Ireneo Melchor Pizzaro (Chess) B2-Team
1. Arnel Aba (Swimming) 200m S9 (2:30.69)
2. Arman Dino (Athletics) 400m T46 (54.65)
3. Marydol Pamatian (Powerlifting) 41kg category (57kg lift)
4. Francis Ching, Rodolfo Sarmiento & Israel Peligro (Chess) B1-Team