Paralympians Josephine Medina and Marites Burce won 1 gold medal a piece on day three of action at the 7th ASEAn Para Games in Naypyitaw, Myanmar yesterday.
Medina showed his superb form in clinching the gold medal in the women’s table tennis class 8 singles event, while Burce powered her way to a golden throw in the women’s javelin throw F54 event.
Filipino swimmers and powerlifters failed to grab a gold medal yesterday, with swimmers managing to clinch 3 silver medal finishes, and a bronze medal for the powerlifters.
Pinoy archers finally won a medal in the day, courtesy of Agustina Bantiloc who won the bronze medal in the women Recurve-Wheelchair event.
Team Philippines won a total of 2 gold, 6 silver and 6 bronze medals in day three of action, enough to maintain the 6th place in the overall medal tally with 10 gold, 12 silver and 15 bronze medals.
Here’s the complete list of Filipino medalists in day 3 of the 7th ASEAN Para Games:
1. Josephine Medina (Table Tennis) TT8-Single
2. Marites Burce (Athletics) Javelin-F54 (10.89)
1. Gary Bejino (Swimming) 100m FS-S7 (1:26.54)
2. Gary Bejino (Swimming) 50m FLY-S7 (38.07)
3. Roland Sabido (Swimming) 100m FS-S9 (1:07.07)
4. Arman Dino (Athletics) 200m T46 (24.01)
5. Isidro Vildosola (Athletics) 1500m T46 (4:45)
6. Smith Billy Cartera (Table Tennis) TT4-Single
1. Jerrold Pete Mangliwan (Athletics) 200m T52 (35.21)
2. Evaristo Carbonel (Athletics) Shotput F11 (26.95)
3. Roger Tapia (Athletics) 200m T46 (24.19)
4. Darwin Salvacion (Table Tennis) TT3-Single
5. Agustin Kitan (Powerlifting) 59kg Category (150kg Lift)
6. Agustina Bantiloc (Archery) Recurve-Wheelchair