Isidro Vildosola and Jeanette Acebeda of Philippine athletics team ended Philippines’ campaign at the 7th ASEAN Para Games on a high note yesterday in Myanmar, with Team Philippines winning 2 gold, 2 silver and a bronze medal on day 5 of competitions.
Vildosola won the gold medal in the men’s 5000m T46 with a time of 17:25.81, while Acebeda registered a golden throw of 21.05 meters in the women’s Discuss Throw F11 finals to win the gold medal.
Another member of the athletics team, Andy Avellano, pitched-in a silver medal for Philippine team in the men’s high-jump F42 event with a jump of 1.55 meters, while the trio of Benedict Gaela, Pablo Catalan Jr. and Isaias Seronio also won the silver medal in the table tennis TT10 team event.
The Philippine men’s wheelchair-basketball team, brought home the bronze medal.
Here’s the complete list of day 5 Filipino medalists:
1. Isidro Vildosola (Athletics) 5000m T46 (17:25.81)
2. Jeanette Acebeda (Athletics) Discus F11 (21.05)
1. Andy Avellano (Athletics) High Jump-F42 (1.55)
2. Benedict Gaela, Pablo Catalan Jr. & Isaias Seronio (Table Tennis) TT10-Team
1. Men’s Wheelchair-Basketball Team