FIBA 3×3 U-18 World Championships slam dunk champion Kobe Paras has qualified to represent the Philippines in the 3-on-3 basketball at the 2nd Youth Olympic Games (YOG) this August 16-28, 2014 in Nanjing, China.
The Philippine Olympic Games Secretariat has confirmed that the 16-year-old basketball player has accumulated the necessary points, when he joined the FIBA 3-on-3 World Championships, enough to qualify for the 2nd YOG.
The 6-foot-6 high school student represented Philippines in the U-18 3×3 Asian Championship in Jakarta last year along with Thirdy Ravena, Arvin Tolentino and Prince Rivero.
As to who will be joining Paras in representing Philippines in the YOG has yet to be confirmed.
The Samahang Basketbol ng Pilipinas (SBP) said that he might be joined by Dino San Juan of DLSU-Greenhills, and National University’s JP Cauilan and Chino Mosqueda. But all three still have to collect enough points in order to qualify for the YOG.
SBP administrator, Joemal Benedicto, said that they are currently organizing a qualifying tournament for the three players.