Boracay’s White Beach has again gained an accolade from a top travel website.
It has been named one of the world’s top 25 beaches in Trip Advisor’s Travelers’ Choice awards.
White Beach placed 19th out of 25, in a list led by Baia do Sancho in Brazil.
According to Trip Advisor, the beach has “white, powdery beach sand that doesn’t get hot even at high noon. It is really amazing.”
Best in Asia
Meanwhile, Boracay’s White Beach was named the best beach in Asia.
Secret Lagoon Beach in El Nido was also named fourth among the best beaches in Asia for being “like a computer screen-saver, but real.”
Another beach in Boracay, Yapak Beach (Puka Shell Beach) placed sixth among the best beaches in Asia.
Last year, Boracay was named the best beach in Asia, and placed 24th among the beaches around the world.
Here is the list of the world’s top 25 beaches in the world, according to the Travelers’ Choice awards.
1. Baia do Sancho – Fernando de Noronha, Brazil
2. Grace Bay – Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
3. Flamenco Beach (Playa Flamenco) – Culebra, Puerto Rico
4. Rabbit Beach – Lampedusa, Islands of Sicily
5. Whitehaven Beach – Whitsunday Island, Whitsunday Islands
6. Playa de Ses Illetes – Formentera, Balearic Islands
7. Anse Lazio – Praslin Island, Seychelles
8. Lanikai Beach – Kailua, Hawaii
9. Rhossili Bay – Swansea, United Kingdom
10. Playa Norte – Isla Mujeres
11. Playa Paraiso Beach – Cayo Largo, Cuba
12. Praia Dos Carneiros – Tamandare, Brazil
13. Lopes Mendes Beach – Ilha Grande, Brazil
14. The Baths – Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands
15. Playa de las Catedrales – Ribadeo, Spain
16. Ka’anapali Beach – Lahaina, Hawaii
17. Elafonissi Beach – Elafonissi, Greece
18. Cala Mariolu – Baunei, Italy
19. White Beach – Boracay, Visayas, Philippines
20. Turquoise Bay Exmouth – Exmouth, Australia
21. Anse Source d’Argent – La Digue Island, Seychelles
22. Cable Beach – Broome, Australia
23. Playa Manuel Antonio – Manuel Antonio National Park, Costa Rica
24. Camp’s Bay Beach – Camps Bay, South Africa
25. Radhanagar Beach – Havelock Island, Andaman and Nicobar Islands
Here are the top 25 beaches in Asia:
1. White Beach – Boracay, Visayas, Philippines
2. Radhanagar Beach – Havelock Island, Andaman and Nicobar Islands
3. Agonda Beach – Agonda, India
4. Secret Lagoon Beach – El Nido, Philippines
5. Nai Harn Beach – Karon, Thailand
6. Yapak Beach (Puka Shell Beach) – Boracay, Visayas, Philippines
7. Railay Beach – Railay Beach, Thailand
8. Yalong Bay – Sanya, China
9. Cavelossim Beach – Cavelossim, India
10. Phra Nang Beach – Ao Nang, Thailand
11. Varkala Beach – Varkala, India
12. Otres Beach – Sihanoukville, Cambodia
13. Nusa Dua Beach – Nusa Dua, Indonesia
14. Kata Noi Beach – Kathu, Thailand
15. Long Beach – Ko Lanta, Krabi Province, Thailand
16. Freedom Beach – Patong, Thailand
17. Mandrem Beach – Mandrem, India
18. Karon Beach – Phuket, Thailand
19. Salad Beach – Ko Phangan, Surat Thani Province, Thailand
20. Mount Lavinia – Colombo, Sri Lanka
21. Haeundae Beach – Busan, South Korea
22. Benaulim Beach – Benaulim, India
23. Cua Dai Beach – Hoi An, Vietnam
24. Non Nuoc Beach – Da Nang, Vietnam
25. Yonaha Maehama Beach – Miyakojima, Japan
The Philippine government has been hard-pressed to keep Boracay pristine, as it has been threatened not only by climate change, but unchecked development as well.